*I took away the “like Disorder Audio in Facebook to download” thing. That was an experiment, which went like I expected, absolutely no one downloaded. The download link is now at the end of this post.*
Rawk is a virtual drawbar organ in a Vst-format (registered trademark of Steinberg GmBH). Although you may find some similarities to an existing instrument, Rawk is not meant to be an exact model or emulation of any physical instrument, but it is designed to have it’s own character. I decided to but the beta version available for download, because I thought it would be easier to implement suggested features when it’s still at a design stage. Although it’s still in beta, I haven’t had any instability issues and it’s actually very usable in my opinion, even if it still lacks a few features.
Features to come:
- First of all, I need to name all the knobs and drawbars accordingly, so they appear correctly in your midi automation list, although there isn’t too many parameters you would actually need to automate.
- At least some sort of equalizer
- Master limiter to prevent clipping
- Separate rotary control for high and low frequencies
- Filtering to reduce aliasing, which isn’t really a problem if you don’t use overdrive
- Whatever features you suggest and I would like to add, so feel free to request anything
As for bug reports, leave a comment here, send me a message in Facebook or send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The current GUI
A little example I put together rather quickly. No external effects used, except a limiter in the master channel.
And another one without any external processing
How To Download And Install:
Download by clicking the download link below. To install you just have to extract all of the files included in the .rar file into your Vst-folder. Rawk should work on any DAW supporting Vst-plugins. If you have any problems, don’t hesitate to ask and I’ll try my best to help.
All the feedback is appreciated! If you have used this in any piece of music, let me hear what you have come up with, if possible.
Share your creations!
If you use this plugin in your music, feel free to share it by using the DropBox above. I may also feature it in this blog.